Scoring and breaking acrylics the right way
Cat no: PC-L
Heavy-duty cutter, designed to produce a fine score line to precisely break
plastics, acrylic and laminates.
Features built-in room for spare blades and a ratchet-wheel for secure blade
extension and retraction, and unlimited blade positioning.
Includes 1 reversable tungsten steel PB-800 blade inserted
PLUS 2 replacement blades in the handle. For right- and left- handed use.
- Cutting with this knife involves scratching the plate several
times along the cutting line and then breaking it. This can easily be
achieved with astraight line straight cut ;
- In the case of thin plastic sheets, the use of this knife instead
of the classic saw allows the cracks and edges
of cut edges to be avoided .
- Handle with retractable blade made
of high quality plastic (ABS) allows for convenient material cutting;
- One-sided blade, same as the P-450 knife;
- In the handle for spare blades ,
complete with two spare blades.
How to scratch & break:
- Place a plastic board on a flat surface and take straight strokes to make
a score, deep enough to break by hand. Approximately one-third depth of the
plastic board will be the rough standard.
- Snap off downward by hand along the score.
- Clean cut surface with the unsharpened edge, if necessary.